Atlanta's Best Family Medicine Care and Acupuncture
Patient Care at the Highest Level
Dr. Harvey J. Schecter is a board certified family practice physician and has been a leader in acupuncture treatments in the Atlanta area for over 30 years. He has pursued his passion for caring for patients by training at the highest level for acupuncture pain relief techniques with experts worldwide.
· Electric acupuncture produces better results than purely manual methods, pressure, or lasers
· Single needle technique ensures that every point gets some current, as opposed to the “porcupine” technique where only a few needles at a time can be stimulated
· Experience definitely counts towards success and Dr. Schecter has almost 40 years experience
· Uses not only acupuncture knowledge, but expertise in Osteopathic Medicine to understand the relation of the body’s structure to function
· Uses his physician training, experience, and clinical knowledge to add to the diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of acupuncture
· Most other acupuncturists use a 10 treatment trial to see if acupuncture will be effective, Dr. Schecter uses a 3 treatment trial in most cases
· Success treating professional athletes when team physicians and trainers have failed
· Trained under some of the foremost experts in acupuncture around the world including:
Kunzo Nagayama, MD, PhD., Kyoto Pain Control Institute
Bringing Atlanta this well respected treatment modality, Dr. Schecter was invited to formulate in Georgia the acupuncture regulations for the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners. Founder of Total Care in Lilburn, Dr. Schecter is a Board Certified Family Physician. He earned his undergraduate degree at Temple University and his medical degree from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.).
Collaboration is key to all specialties of medicine, especially in pain relief. Dr. Schecter has long standing clinical relationships with Atlanta’s finest neurologists, orthopaedic surgeons, physical therapists, sports medicine physicians, and pain management specialists.
Women's Wellness Exam
FAA (2nd & 3rd Class) Physicals
Chronic Disease Management